Rankings and Recognition
Focus On Development
We want you to be recognized as an integral part of our exceptional team, and we do our best to help all of our lawyers thrive and succeed. We provide the training, opportunities and guidance to allow our associates to achieve their full potential as trusted advisors to clients. This means:|
- Challenging and interesting work.
- An annual firmwide orientation program for all incoming associates that includes training on, among other things, client relations and the practice of law and serves as an opportunity for all first-year associates across offices to get to know each other, firm management, and their practice group management.
- Formal and informal feedback, including a comprehensive annual evaluation through which our associates receive feedback from the attorneys with whom they have worked.
- An anonymous and confidential upward feedback program through which our associates evaluate partners' mentoring and training of associates.
- Training in substantive law and lawyering skills offered by each practice group.
- Firmwide practice group retreats to which all attorneys in the practice group are invited.
- Director of associate development responsible for associate professional development and morale who work with associates on an individual and confidential basis to address any professional development or quality-of-life concerns that they may have.
- Associate development partners who oversee associate and professional development issues.
Learn more about Associate Development at Dechert.
Read about our 2012 Exceptional Teacher Award Winners.
The firm’s Exceptional Teachers Awards program is a testament to Dechert’s supportive culture, rich with informal mentoring, hands-on training opportunities, and a collegial spirit. This past year, 101 associates nominated 21 associates and 41 partners from 11 practice groups and 15 offices. All 62 nominees are truly exceptional and nine earned the coveted Exceptional Teachers Awards as well as $10,000 and a commemorative plaque.
Critical Skills Institute - 2012-2013 Curriculum